If you’re looking for intellectual ammo with which to defend and explain the teaching of Humanae Vitae, or if you reject it altogether, you’ll agree that Patrick Coffin approaches the topic from a wide array of new and persuasive angles.
With humor and enthusiasm—and a total absence of moralizing—you'll learn:
- Why Paul VI’s landmark 1968 encyclical was widely rejected a generation ago and why it’s gaining new respectability now
- Where exactly the Bible teaches against birth control
- The differences between contraception and natural family planning (hint: they’re more profound than you think)
- The meaning of the natural law and how it applies to birth control
- How the dogma of the Blessed Trinity implicit condemns birth control
- That every single Protestant denomination rejected birth control until 1930
- Why the myth of overpopulation is used against the Church, and how to answer it.
- How faithful adherence to the teaching of Humanae Vitae is causally related to marital happiness and longevity.
- Why it’s not too late to start over, even if you’ve been sterilized.
- How to rely on the ever-present grace of God rather than your own strength in faithfully following this challenging, life-giving aspect of Christian discipleship.
- Much, much more!